Teaching the next generation how to enjoy the slopes.
Now Offering Group Lessons
Our instructors are certified by the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and have the highest level of teaching expertise. They are highly skilled in turning an enthusiastic first-timer into a lifelong skier or snowboarder. Instructors also help teach kids advanced techniques for continued growth in the sport.
Top 5 Reasons to Enroll Your Child in a Lesson
- Ski School is Fun!: While learning the sport is the focus, our team knows how to transform a lesson into an exciting day on the mountain filling with snowballs, smiles and perhaps a yodle or two.
- Professional Instruction: Let us do the teaching. Our instructors are trained to teach children the fundamentals of skiing and snowboarding. As we are sure you have learned with all the recent in-home schooling, there is less stress, and often kids learn best when a non-parent is doing the teaching.
- Learn and Progress More Quickly: We know the tips and tricks that will help your child excel faster, whether just starting out or growing their technique.
- Get More Chair Lift Rides: Lesson participants get Express Line access at lifts.
- A Focus on Safety: From loading the chairlift to learning about the Skier Responsibility Code, our instructors teach you how to enjoy the mountain safely.
- Bonus: While we show the kids a great time, you can enjoy the mountain on your own. Go ski the steeps that your kids are not quite ready for or perhaps take in a bit of solitude Sugar Bowl can offer.
Sugar Bowl places the highest priority on ensuring your child's health and safety when visiting. Specific to their lesson experience:
- Group lessons are offered to guests ages 8 years and older. Children ages 7 & younger and guests under 55” tall must book a private lesson instead.
- Participants will be divided into lesson groups based on age and ability.
- With a maximum class size of 6 students per instructor, everyone will receive proper attention and coaching during the lesson.
- Lesson enrollment is limited such that the check-in area will not be overcrowded and everyone can remain physically distant at all times.
- Instructors will maintain at least six feet of distance away from each lesson participant at all times and shall not touch the participants.
- Staff and participants must wear a face covering throughout the lesson.
Questions or Reservation Assistance:
Call (530) 426-9000, option 3 to speak with a Ski School Reservations Specialist today.
Start Planning For Lessons Today
Parents must sign a release of liability for any minor under the age of 18 who is participating in any lesson program. Forms are completed during the checkout process, but additional forms must be signed in person on the date of your lesson..
- Sunscreen - We recommend parents apply sunscreen to their children because our staff is not allowed to.
At Sugar Bowl we offer a convenient, dedicated lesson center, in the Judah Base Area. Head to Judah Kids in the upper Judah Parking lot. EXCLUSIVE: Judah Kids offers convenient, up-front parking for those who book children lessons online in advance on a first-come-first-serve basis..
If getting rentals, plan to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your lesson time (1 1/2 hours on weekends/holidays). Please arrive to the meeting area at least 15 minutes prior to your lesson