Offering convenient slopeside rental locations.
Rentals Available Saturdays & Sundays Only
Equipment rentals at Sugar Bowl are now available on Saturdays & Sundays only. A two-day advance purchase is required. Day-of, walk-up rentals will not be accommodated.
Due to a staff shortage, equipment rentals are not available Mondays-Fridays. The only exception is for those taking lessons — we will be able to provide rental equipment if reserved as part of a lift/lesson/rental package.
Unless you've booked rentals or a lesson package in advance, please do not arrive at Sugar Bowl expecting to rent equipment. Unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate you. On midweek days, if not taking a lesson, we recommend that you rent equipment near where you live or where you are staying and bring the equipment to Sugar Bowl with you.
Thank you for understanding. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2021/2022 Ski & Snowboard Rentals
*Ski packages include skis, boots and poles. Snowboard package included board, bindings and boots.
Helmets rentals not available online, but can be rented for $20 - payable by credit card or resort charge when checking-in at the rental shop.
All rentals must be purchased online at least two days prior to your arrival.
There will be a limited quantity of lift tickets & rentals available for purchase on any given day, so we recommend you purchase early. Online rates are variable based on the day & time of year you select. Rates are subject to change.
View Cancellation Policy
The Rental Process
Follow these tips to ensure that your rental experience is safe, quick and easy:
- Purchase rentals online, at least two days in advance. You will not be able to rent equipment on the day of your visit.
- It is essential that you arrive at the rental shop on-time for your appointment. If you arrive late, we may be able to accommodate you on a space-available basis. No guarantees, however.
- Judah Lodge rental shop customers may store personal belongings at your own risk, or securely store items in coin-operated lockers in Judah Lodge (come prepared with coins).
- Sugar Bowl follows best practices in its sanitization procedures to ensure that all rentals – skis, snowboards, boots, poles and helmets – are sterilized prior to pick-up.
- As per the current California mandate, face coverings are required while inside the rental shop.
- If you purchased Trip Flex with your lift ticket purchase, Trip Flex allows for a refund on your rental purchase as well.
View Refund/Cancellation Policy
Download Rental Form
Download Lesson Form
Customers under the age of 18, who are visiting Sugar Bowl without a parent or guardian, need to present a signed rental form on the day of visit.