Seek lines on the mountain, don't wait in them.
Kicking Off the 2019/20 Season Early!Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge is for skiers and riders who like great snow and uncrowded slopes, and also want to spend as many days as possible on our iconic Mountains and Nordic trails.
New for returning passholders: your current season pass photo card is renewable! HANG ON TO YOUR CURRENT PASS FOR 2019/20! The only reasons you are required to get a new photo card next season are:
- You elect to change from the current pass type you hold (i.e. you are upgrading from Slightly Restricted to Unrestricted, etc.), or
- You are entering a new age category (i.e. you are moving from Young Adult to Adult, Adult to Senior, etc.).
Please review this information carefully and be aware of it before you make a purchase as we have made a few changes to the pass program. The information here will help you decide which pass is right for you and your family. Once you have completed your review, click on the “I understand the changes” box to view prices and purchase passes. We look forward to welcoming you to Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge often in 2019/20!
Unrestricted Passholders Get 3 Days at 18 ResortsEnjoy FREE days in 2019/20 at premiere winter destinations with a Sugar Bowl Unrestricted Season Pass.
Sugar Bowl Unrestricted Passholders may present their pass 3 days at each participating Powder Alliance resort where midweek tickets are FREE and weekend tickets are half priced, excluding holiday periods. Now spanning 4 countries and 2 hemispheres, the Powder Alliance is one of the world’s most powerful reciprocal season pass programs offering regional pass holders up to three free days at 18 premier winter destinations.
Powder Alliance Resorts include:
- Angel Fire, NM
- Bogus Basin, ID
- Bridger Bowl, MT
- Mountain High, CA
- China Peak, CA
- Timberline, OR
- Loveland Ski Area, CO
- Monarch Mountain, CO
- Mission Ridge, WA
- White Pass, WA
- Mt Hood Ski Bowl, OR
- Schweitzer, ID
- Sierra At Tahoe, CA
- Whitewater, Canada
- Castle Mountain Resort, AB Canada
- Ski Marmot Basin, Canada
- Kiroro, Japan
- La Parva, Chile
Resorts for the 2019/20 season may vary as agreements for the program are not finalized for the upcoming season.
Restrictions apply and all tickets must be used in the same season as the accompanying season pass. All the details for the 2019/20 Powder Alliance are available online at PowderAlliance.com including directions to resorts, benefits, and holiday restrictions for each participating resort. Tickets are non-transferable and may be used by the passholder only. Powder Alliance benefits do not apply to Midweek, Slightly Restricted, or other discounted Sugar Bowl season pass options. Tickets and offers are valid during the 2019/20 winter season for new Unrestricted passholders. Renewing Unrestricted passholders will still be able to take advantage of their Powder Alliance benefit from this season.
Share Sugar Bowl with others.Depending on the pass type you choose and when you make your pass purchase, passholders will receive a set number of 50% off tickets for friends & family.
|2019/2020||Friends & Family 50% Off Ticket Benefit By Pass Type|
|Season Pass Purchased Between||Unrestricted||Slightly Restricted||Midweek|
|3/18/19 - 5/31/19||6||6||6|
|6/1/19 - 10/31/19||4||3||2|
|11/1/19 - 12/20/19||2||1||1|
|12/21/19 - 1/17/20||0||0||0|
|The benefits outlined above are not available for Kids 6-12 passes or Child 5 and under passes.|
- Friends & Family tickets become valid on opening day of the 2019/2020 season.
- Friends & Family 50% off tickets may only be purchased by passholders on days their pass is valid.
- The quantity of tickets issued varies based on the period when your season pass is purchased. Buy early - get more!
- 50% off applies to full-day lift tickets only.
- Ticket rate determined by 50% off the prevailing window rate at the time of purchase.
- Passholder must present their pass in-person to any ticket window to redeem Friends & Family tickets.
Season pass restrictions for Slightly & Midweek passholders.Season pass restrictions for Slightly Restricted & Midweek passholders. Slightly Restricted and Midweek passes are not valid 12/26/2019-1/1/2020, 1/18-1/19/20 and 2/15-2/16/2020.
On days your pass is restricted, you may present your pass at any ticket window to purchase a full-day Blackout ticket at 20% off the prevailing window price. (Passes scan as invalid at the lifts on restricted days and you will be required to purchase a lift ticket if you attempt to use your pass during a period it is not valid). This benefit is available for the exclusive use of the passholder only, and may not be transferred.
Save big on retail, ski school and more.Every month, enjoy a new set of offers and discounts across the Resort. Passholders receive exclusive access to Ski & Board School products, ski shop sales before they are available to the general public, and discounts on everything from rooms at the Hotel at Sugar Bowl to deals on new menu items at our food outlets. View 2018/19 passholder offers.
What to expect in 2019/2020 at Sugar Bowl.This season, Sugar Bowl is committed to operating services and lifts at both Judah Lodge and the Village on a daily basis. Resort guests will have daily access to convenient parking, the Judah Lodge, and popular base area lifts, including the White Pine beginner lift, in addition to all the services offered in the Village.
Sugar Bowl, at its sole discretion, will determine the length of the winter season and the operating schedule. Sugar Bowl starts and ends each season based out of the Village portal. Services/facilities ramp-up in the fall/early winter and ramp-down in the late winter/spring as snow conditions and business levels expand and contract.
Passholders who purchased by May 31, 2019 are eligible.2019/20 Sugar Bowl season pass holders who purchased by May 31, 2019 qualify for the new 100-Day Guarantee. Sugar Bowl will offer lift-served skiing and riding for a minimum of 100 days next season. However, if we fall short of 100 days, each day under 100 we operate will be applied as a 1% credit toward the purchase of a 2020/21 season pass. (Purchase must be made by May 31, 2020 and pass holders who use their pass 5 or more days are not eligible).
So, if Sugar Bowl only operates 85 days in 2019/20, a 15% discount will be applied to the pass holder’s purchase of a 2020/21 season pass, so long as they purchase by May 31, 2020 and they did not visit 5 or more days in 2019/20.
The 100-Day Guarantee only applies to Sugar Bowl Resort. Royal Gorge passholders do not receive this benefit.
Fine Print in a Font Size You Can Read
- Season Pass benefits do not become valid until opening day next season.
- Friends & Family 50% off tickets may be purchased only on days when the pass is valid. The Friends & Family 50% off ticket benefit does not apply to Children's passes age 12 and under. Passholder must be present and show their pass in person to a ticket agent in order to redeem Friends & Family tickets.
- Present your Slightly Restricted or Midweek pass at any ticket window on Blackout Days to purchase a full day lift ticket at 20% Off the window rate. This ticket is for the passholder’s use only and is not transferable.
- Age ranges for season pass categories are as follows: Adult (23-64), Young Adult (13-22), Child (6-12), Senior (65-74), Super Senior (75 and up), and Child (5 and under). The appropriate pass category is determined by the pass holder’s age on January 1, 2020.
- Passes must be visible and available for inspection and scanning on every lift ride. Sugar Bowl provides complimentary zip reels to attach passes to the outside of ski jackets and pants to make the inspection and scanning process as convenient as possible for guests and staff.
- Passholders will immediately report lost or stolen passes to a Ticket/Pass sales location, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (530) 426-9000. Lift access and Resort Charge (if applicable) will be deactivated as soon as we are notified.
- Passes are the property of Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge and must be presented or surrendered upon request by resort personnel.
- Season pass and lift ticket products are non-transferable and non-refundable. Pass, Card and Pack products issued with photos are to be used by the official holder of the product only. Pass fraud, the unlawful use of a pass, card or pack product by someone other than the official holder, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, including both the fraudulent user and the consenting, official product holder.
- Only one (1) “I forgot” ticket will be issued per passholder. This ticket is for the use of the passholder only. If a pass is forgotten a second time, the passholder will be required to pay a $45 pass replacement fee where the original pass will be deactivated and a new pass issued. On the third or subsequent occurrence, the passholder will be required to purchase a window-rate lift ticket to access the lifts.
- Credit toward the purchase of next year’s pass may be granted when a medical issue restricts skiing for the remainder of the season. Only one credit will be given per passholder in perpetuity and must be used the following season or forfeited. In such cases a credit will be issued only after we receive an original medical note signed by a physician, stating the expected length of recovery from the injury. The Pass is then deactivated for the remainder of the season. The amount of credit will be pro-rated based upon the date of notice of injury and/or days used on the pass, less an administrative fee. All lift access and benefits are suspended for the remainder of the season once the pass credit is executed. Medical credits may only be carried over to the following season and be applied to the injured person’s pass purchase. It is the responsibility of the passholder to call and purchase the season pass for the next year. Your credit will be applied to the rate at the time you contact us to utilize the credit. All requests for credits must be submitted within 30 days of the incident but no later than April 1st. Credits may only be applied to a season pass for the following season prior to May 31st.
|Pass Types||UNRESTRICTED||SLIGHTLY RESTRICTED||MIDWEEK|
$809 | Sugar Bowl Only
$599 | Sugar Bowl Only
$379 | Sugar Bowl Only
|Young Adult (13-22)||
$609 | Sugar Bowl Only
$479 | Sugar Bowl Only
$349 | Sugar Bowl Only
$609 | Sugar Bowl Only
$479 | Sugar Bowl Only
$349 | Sugar Bowl Only
|Kids (6-12)||Kids pass does not include Friends & Family 50% off tickets.||N/A||N/A|
|Super Senior (75+)||N/A||N/A|
|Child 5 & Under||Child pass does not include Friends & Family 50% off tickets.||-||-|
|+ Royal Gorge Add-On||Add an Unrestricted Royal Gorge Pass: $150 for Adult (23-64), $100 for Senior (65-74) & Young Adult (13-22)|
|+ Preferred Parking Add-On||NEW: Add a Preferred Parking Pass: $375 (Space held until 12:30pm, based on availability)|
|Available for Purchase Until||10/31/19||10/31/19||10/31/19|
|Friends & Family 50% off Tickets*||4||3||2|
|20% off window rates for passholder on blackout days.*||-||✔||✔|
|Powder Alliance: 3 Days at 18 Resorts*||✔||-||-|
|Discounts||Monthly passholder exclusive discounts on food & beverage, retail items, group lessons, or rentals. (Check the deals from this season)|
|SB/Royal Gorge||1 beginner trail pass/lesson/rental package at Royal Gorge (valid beginning opening day of 2019/2020 season)|
|Beginner's Tickets & First-Timer Lessons||2 free beginner lift tickets and 2 50% Off First-Timer Lesson Packages (age 13+) to encourage new friends and family to begin skiing.|
12/26/19 - 1/1/20
1/18-1/19/20 (Sat/Sun of MLK)
2/15-2/16/20 (Sat/Sun of Pres.)
|12/26/19 - 1/1/20|
|Restrictions||-||This pass is valid 7 days a week, excluding blackout dates.||Valid Monday-Friday, excluding blackout dates.|
|Upgrades||-||Upgrade price & benefits based on pass price at the time of upgrade.||Upgrade price & benefits based on pass price at the time of upgrade.|
|Pass Types||UNRESTRICTED||SLIGHTLY RESTRICTED||MIDWEEK|
|Royal Gorge||Adult (23-64)||Young Adult (13-22)||Senior (65-74)||
Kids (6-12) &
Super Senior (75+)
|Child 5 & Under|
$249 | Royal Gorge Only
$199 | Royal Gorge Only
$219 | Royal Gorge Only
|Free Daily Trail Pass||Free Daily Trail Pass|
|SB/Royal Gorge||1 lift ticket/lesson/rental package at Sugar Bowl (valid beginning opening day of 2019/2020 season)|