Bookmark this page for quick reference throughout the season.
All new passes purchased before November 14th will be mailed to you! PLEASE NOTE: Unless you changed pass type or are a new passholder, your pass from last year is still valid. Just show up and use it!
If you were a 2021/22 season passholder: Your season pass card from last year is valid so long as you have signed your Release of Liability for 2022/23. (If you purchased over the phone or in person and did not sign your liability, go ahead and take care of that now on your online store account). Bring your pass with you on your first day of the season so you can go straight from the parking lot to the chairlifts. Be sure to check your jacket and pants pockets or dig into your boot bag to snag your pass, so you are fully prepared to hit the lifts on opening day. If you need a replacement, stop by any open ticket window once the ski area opens for the season or fill out this form to request a replacement.
If you were NOT a 2021/22 season passholder: We're mailing RFID season pass cards to those with a current photo and signed Release of Liability on file. If you have not yet uploaded a photo or signed the online Release of Liability, you can do so in your online store account - in the "My Account") section. The final day we will mail passes is November 16. After then, passes must be picked up in person once the ski area opens for the season.
Season Pass Peace Of Mind: Our Passholder CommitmentPassholders: Thank you for your loyalty to Sugar Bowl! We know you have a choice where to spend your winter moments outdoors and we're grateful you've chosen to spend time with us. This page will serve as your hub for passholder information throughout the winter season. Bookmark it and check back frequently for updates. Thanks again for being with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Share Sugar Bowl With OthersWe know you love skiing/riding and want to share that love with your friends and family. Sugar Bowl Passholders will receive up to 8 Friends and Family 50% off the full-retail rates for Lift Tickets this season. Depending on your pass type, you will receive a set number of 50% off tickets for friends & family (valid at Sugar Bowl Only). Royal Gorge only passholders will receive (2) $15 off daily trail passes.
Similar to last year, all Friends and Family Tickets must be purchased online at least one day in advance of the visit, and are subject to sell-out daily.
|2022/23 Friends & Family 50% Off Ticket Benefit By Pass Type|
|Pass Type||# of Friends and Family Tickets|
|Royal Gorge Only||21|
|The benefits outlined above are not available for Kids 6-12 passes, Super Senior 75+ or Child 5 and under passes.|
- 1 Royal Gorge passholders receive (2) $15 off Friends and Family trail passes. Valid for Adult or Senior daily trail passes only. Valid at Royal Gorge Only.
- Friends & Family tickets become valid on opening day of the 2022/23 season.
- Passholder Friends & Family tickets are now available to buy online any day of the season, no black-outs and can now be used for yourself on dates you are blacked out or given to friends & family.
- The quantity of tickets issued varies based on pass type purchased.
- 50% off applies to full-day Sugar Bowl lift tickets only.
- Ticket rate determined by 50% off the full-retail rate at the time of purchase.
- Lift tickets must be purchased online, in advance. View Redemption Info
Save 15% on Retail, Food & More2022/23 Season Passholders enjoy exclusive discounts around the resort including deals on food, retail and more. Offers are valid at the beginning of the 2022/23 season. Additional exclusive offers will be emailed out during the season with discounts on hotel rooms and other deals around the resort.
|Retail Discount1||15% off|
|Food in Sugar Bowl Cafés and BBQ’s2
(Nob Hill, Judah and Mid-Mountain Cafés Only)
|Private Lessons (Monday- Friday)||15% off|
- Discounts above may not be combined with any other offers.
- Passholder must be present and show season pass to receive discount.
- The discounts above are available for use beginning on opening day of the 2022/23 season.
- 1Retail discounts cannot be applied to goods and services from The Fit Lab.
- 2Alcohol-only purchases excluded. Discount not available in Sierra Vista Bar, Mid-Mountain Bar, Belt Room Bar and the Village Dining Room.
Visit Other Resorts with your Sugar Bowl PassWe have partnered with several resorts of similar size and quality of Sugar Bowl to offer passholder benefits, plus Sugar Bowl is now part of the Mountain Collective, giving Unrestricted passholders a 50% discount at 24 other destinations around the globe.
|NEW 2022/2023 Pass Reciprocal Programs|
|Partner Resorts||Sugar Bowl Passholders Receive|
|Mountain Collective (mountaincollective.com)1||Unrestricted Passholders Receive:
This perk is only for Unrestricted passholders. Please check the website for the resort to plan to visit for booking and redemption information.
|Mt. Hood Meadows, OR (skihood.com)2||Sugar Bowl Passholders Receive:
Guests must present their valid 2022/2023 season pass to receive this benefit.
|Schweitzer, ID (schweitzer.com)2|| Sugar Bowl Passholders Receive:
Guests must present their valid 2022/2023 season pass to receive this benefit.
|Silverton, CO (silvertonmountain.com)1||Unrestricted Passholders Receive:
(Advanced Skiers/Riders Only)
Dates subject to change. Restrictions apply. Subject to availability.
|Whitefish, MT (skiwhitefish.com)2||Sugar Bowl Passholders Receive:
(Advanced Skiers/Riders Only)
Dates subject to change. Restrictions apply. Subject to availability.
|Additional partner resorts may be added.|
- Pass reciprocal programs detailed above are valid beginning on opening day of the 2022/2023 season unless otherwise stated. Offers expire at the end of the 2022/2023 season.
- Guests must present their valid 2022/2023 photo ID season pass to receive these reciprocals. Limit one ticket per pass holder per day, tickets are non-transferable and not for resale. Tickets hold no cash value and will not be exchanged for a courtesy voucher or re-issued for another date under any circumstance. Unused days will not roll over at the end of each season, offer expires at the end of the 2022/2023 winter season.
- Passholder must be present and show season pass to receive offer.
- 1Mountain Collective & Silverton, CO offer valid for Unrestricted Passholders only.
- 2Unrestricted, Slightly Restricted and Midweek Passholders qualify.
Season pass restrictions for Slightly & Midweek passholders.
Season pass restrictions for Slightly Restricted Passholders:
12/26/2022-1/1/2023, 1/14-1/15/2023 and 2/18-2/19/2023
Season pass restrictions for Midweek Passholders: (Note the Monday holiday of MLK & President's Weekends have been added to the Midweek Pass Black-Outs)
12/26/2022-12/30/2022, 1/16/2023 and 2/20/2023.
New This Season: Friends & Family tickets are valid to use 7 days/week, with no black-outs, regardless of pass type. On days your pass is restricted, you may use one of your Friends & Family Vouchers on yourself. The 20% black-out ticket has been eliminated. Discounted tickets must be purchased online at least one-day in advance, subject to sell out. (Passes scan as invalid at the lifts on restricted days and you will be required to purchase a lift ticket if you attempt to use your pass during a period it is not valid).
Fine Print in a Font Size You Can Read
Terms and Conditions for 2022/23 Passholders
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. When you, (“User” or “Season Pass Holder”), purchase any Sugar Bowl Ski Resort or Royal Gorge Cross Country season pass (“Season Pass”), these Terms and Conditions, as well any terms and conditions presented with your purchase, printed on your lift tickets or pass media, or otherwise presented to you, form a binding agreement between you and Sugar Bowl Corporation, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter collectively “Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge”, “we” or “us”).
Each Season Pass purchase is subject to the restrictions described in the Rules of Use found at: sugarbowl.com/seasonpass.
Variable Operating Venues, Days and Hours: Blackout dates, benefits and privileges, hours of operation, and days of operation are subject to change without notice. Sugar Bowl does not guarantee snow conditions, weather conditions, open terrain, number of lifts operating or road conditions/road closures. Some areas or venues at SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE may be closed due to inclement weather, special events or private events. From time to time, Season Pass holders may not be permitted to use certain areas or any part of Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge due to conditions both beyond, and within, Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge ’s control. Season Passes are valid during the season for which they are purchased. This pass also does not include use at the resort when it is closed to the general public. Due to weather, Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge is unable to guarantee an opening or closing date for the ski season.
Use of Season Pass/Lost Season Pass: When you purchase a Season Pass, Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge grants you a revocable license. Resale is prohibited. If a Season Pass is lost, stolen or forgotten, it can be replaced for a non-refundable $25 replacement fee. In order to gain access to ski or ride, your Season Pass must be displayed and validated at each lift as requested. Any attempt to gain admission using a Season Pass by a guest to whom the pass was not originally issued will result in immediate confiscation of the pass without refund.
Electronic Payment and Payment Plans: You hereby authorize Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge to charge the credit card (or any valid replacement card you supply in the future) for the total of your order, including any applicable service charges, fees and taxes. You also consent to enter into the purchase electronically and to receive electronically this Terms and Conditions and other communications and materials about the purchase (“Documents”). You may ask SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE for a free paper copy of the Documents by emailing Customer Service at the Ticket Office.
Customer Service Inquiries: For customer service please direct email correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Release of Liability: Users agree to read, review and abide by Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge’s Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement for Activities. Users agree to obey all posted rules and instructions of SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE and the Skier’s Responsibility Code.
Discounts: Pass holders are granted 15% off certain purchases in the resort. Retail discounts may not be applicable to some products. This discount is for the Season Passholder only and Season Passholder must be present and show their Season Pass at time of purchase.
Refund Policy: Passes are non-transferrable and the purchase price of Season Passes are non-refundable except as otherwise stated below.
(COVID-19) Daily Resort Access Assurance: If county, state or federal jurisdictions implement health-related guidelines that cause Sugar Bowl to unexpectedly and materially limit daily ski hill access (not a full closure) to Season Pass holders, and you decide this doesn’t work for you, we will honor a refund upon request. If such restrictions are implemented, you will have 30 days to request a refund from the day of notification of such restriction. Such refund shall be issued pursuant to the calculation below:
|Notice Received Before:||Potential Refund (see Step #2)|
|Last Day of Season||No Credit|
The Refund Value is calculated by multiplying the original pass purchase price by the Percentage determined by when Notice was received by Sugar Bowl, minus the value of any days used on the Pass prior to Notice (calculated at the window ticket price on days of use). Requests made after closing day of the season have no credit value.
Notice given on February 15th and the Passholder skied three times. The original purchase price was $699. $699 x 40% = $279.60, less: 3 days x $118 = $354, less: $25 admin fee. Value of rollover/credit is zero.
Upon request of such refund, your Season Pass will be voided for the remainder of the season. Any refund must be requested prior to the last day of the season.
Roll Over Credit for Personal Reasons
- If a guest determines they will be unable to use their Season Pass in the season it was purchased due to the personal reasons stated below, a one-time Rollover Credit maybe granted, in SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE’s sole discretion, for the following reasons:
o Major medical condition/significant injury diagnosis or pregnancy.
- A Rollover Credit may be provided in the event of an injury or medical condition (including pregnancy) verified by a Physician which arose after you purchased your Season Pass which causes you to become unable to ski or ride for the remainder of the season. A doctor’s letter written on official letterhead with the date of onset, and a description of the reason why you cannot ski or board is required, as well as a written letter of request from you. A “Physician” is a licensed doctor practicing in the fields of medical, surgical or dental services who is acting within the scope of their license and who is not you, a traveling companion, a Family Member, a person related to you or a business partner. The term “Family Member” means your child, Domestic Partner, brother, sister, mother, father, step-child, step-brother, step-sister, step-parents, legal guardian, foster child, ward or legal ward. See Rollover Credit Calculation.
- Military Deployment: when called to active military service or reassigned more than 300 miles from the resort. An official, document or letter of deployment is required, along with a letter of request from you. See Rollover Credit Calculation.
- Notice of Condition: A request for Rollover Credit must be made within thirty (30) days of the onset of the condition or notice of military deployment. Under no circumstances will a Rollover Credit be authorized after the end of the season.
- Rollover Limitations: If a Rollover Credit is approved, the current year’s lift access and benefits are suspended and the pass will be deactivated for the remainder of the season. Rollover Credit may only be carried over to the following season and for the individual Season Passholder. No credit will be applied to any other person other than the Season Passholder, including immediate family members. Only one Rollover Credit per person, per lifetime is permitted regardless of the reason.
- Rollover Credit Calculation: The amount of the Rollover Credit will be pro-rated based upon the date of your written notice of injury or military deployment to Sugar Bowl and the days used on the pass, less a $25 administrative fee. The amount of credit will be pro-rated based on a) the date of notice to Sugar Bowl of the diagnosis of the medical condition or military deployment, and b) the number of days used on the Season Pass prior to the notice:
|Notice Received Before:||Estimated Value *|
|Last Day of Season||No Credit|
The Credit Value is calculated by multiplying the original pass purchase price by the Percentage determined by when Notice was received by Sugar Bowl, minus the value of any days used on the Pass prior to Notice (calculated at the window ticket price on days of use). Requests made after closing day of the season have no credit value.
Notice given on February 15th and the Passholder skied three times. The original purchase price was $699. 699 x 40% = $279.60, less the usage reduction of 3 days x $118 = $354, less the $25 Administrative fee. Value of rollover/credit is zero.
Guest Error: If a guest purchase error occurs during the sales transaction, SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE will issue a refund of the Season Pass purchase price, if contacted within 24 hours of the transaction, for a mistake in a guest’s name or selection of a wrong age category.
Mutual Exclusivity of Refunds and Rollover. All such refunds or Rollover Credits referenced herein shall be mutually exclusive and cannot be combined.
Revocation of Season Pass by Sugar Bowl: Season Pass privileges may be revoked by SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE at any time without notice or refund if you or someone for whom you have purchased a Season Pass engages in activity which SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE, in its sole discretion, deems to be improper, including without limitation: acting in a manner that may endanger the safety of any person, engaging in fraud or misconduct, vandalism, fighting or rowdy behavior, providing unauthorized ski lessons or related services for compensation, failing to abide by the Skier’s Responsibility Code or any other applicable ski/ride code, and skiing beyond a boundary closure.
Communication: By providing information Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge requests, you agree that Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge may contact you via mail, phone or email to let you know about your account, offers and events.
Enforcement: Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge may delay or waive enforcement of any of the provisions of this agreement, including your promise to make timely payment, without losing its right to enforce the same or any other provision later.
Validity: Should any term herein be deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and the relationship between us will be governed by the laws of the State of California. All lawsuits arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or those contained in any Documents will be brought in the Federal or State courts located in California. We and you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for such purpose and waive any objection to such courts on any basis, including without limitation improper venue or inconvenience of the forum. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or your use of a Season Pass must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to our intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
Release; Sole Remedy. You are hereby voluntarily and knowingly agreeing, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, to waive, release, and forfeit any and all claims and actions you have or may have Sugar Bowl, or any of its resorts, subsidiaries, affiliates, or partner resort operators, subsidiaries, or affiliates and any of our or their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives or agents (collectively, the “Sugar Bowl Parties”) and any associated losses, damages and expenses (including attorneys’ fees), that relate to, arise out of, or may arise out of the operation of our resorts, your inability to use your Season Pass, or a violation of these Terms and Conditions. Refunds under these Terms and Conditions are your sole remedy against Sugar Bowl Corporation in connection with the operation of our resort or your inability to use your pass during the applicable season.
If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says:
“A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SUGAR BOWL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AS A RESULT OF: (A) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE YOUR PASS OR (B) THE EPIC COVERAGE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, SUCH LIABILITY WILL NOT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR YOUR PASS.
Liability Exclusions and Limitations. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, limit our liabilities, the extent of liability of Sugar Bowl will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law. We disclaim any warranties to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
You acknowledge that you are at least 18 years old and acknowledge and agree that you have received, read, understand and agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement, and that all such terms were disclosed to you prior to purchasing.
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT–DO NOT SIGN IT UNLESS YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS
Now Part of Mountain Collective
Photos & Forms
Have Fun. Keep It Clean.
To upload a photo online, log into your online account using the button below. After you log in, scroll down the My Account section and you will see all your group members in a business card format. Select "New Photo" under your name to upload a photo. Please make sure you are the only person in the photo and that the photo clearly shows your face. No hats or sunglasses, please.
Sugar Bowl Backcountry - 1 Day
Anderson Ridge Tour - 1 Day
This is a perfect follow-up application tour to do after our Sugar Bowl Backcountry, Intro to Backcountry Skiing or for anyone with previous backcountry touring experience. It provides more application of skills with refinement through tips and coaching. We keep a more consistent pace and climb higher and farther with more ski descents than our "Intro" day. We continue important practice with our avalanche safety skills.
Razorback Ridge - 1 Day
Lost Trail Backcountry - 2 Day
It begins with lift transport at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort. With your guide, you'll leave the boundary of the ski area with avalanche transceivers, probe and shovel and only a small, light day pack. You'll ski and skin climb the best terrain of the Anderson Ridge crest until the last run taking us into the forest, arriving at the beautiful backcountry lodge in Cold Stream Canyon. After hors d'oeuvres, relaxation and dinner, we'll enjoy a good nights sleep in a beautiful room with a loft that is private to our group. An early rise, hearty breakfast and a brisk climb brings us to new, high terrain and more great descents. After more wonderful skiing we'll tour out of the canyon to complete this stellar ski adventure.
Prerequisites: Advanced skiing skills with the ability to link turns in the fall line in ungroomed snow conditions. Previous backcountry skiing experience with climbing skins is recommended. Very good physical condition is necessary.
Sugar Bowl to Squaw Valley - 2 Day
Previous touring experience with climbing skins is required, such as the skills covered in our Intro to Backcountry Skiing course.