You have to get up to get down.
- The ski area is closed, not patrolled, snow safety mitigation is not performed.
- Within the ski area boundary man-made objects, snow roads, and other hazards exist.
- Avalanches may occur. Dangerous hazards exist.
- NO SNOWMOBILES allowed anywhere within the resort boundary.
- The ski area is not maintained for public use.
- Palisades and surrounding area is closed to all activity.
- Exercise caution at all times
- Updated: 11/17/18 @ 4:59pm PST
Uphill Travel Policy
Uphill use of the resort and its surrounding areas by means of skinning, snowshoeing, hiking, and running have gained popularity at Sugar Bowl. Skiers and riders must review, agree to and sign the Uphill Use Policy before traveling uphill at Sugar Bowl Resort, and abide by the rules and regulations established by Sugar Bowl and USFS when accessing the resort both during and after operating hours. Please visit a ticket window to sign your uphill liability form and purchase a ticket/pass. During hours the ticket offices are closed (outside 8:30am - 4:00pm) please visit the Hotel Front Deck in the Village to purchase an uphill ticket and sign the liability form.
Download & Print Uphill Use Policy
$30 Single Day Uphill Ticket (No lift access)*
$159 Uphill Season Pass (No lift access) *
*Uphill ticket or season pass is required if utilizing trails within Sugar Bowl boundries for uphill travel.
$43 Single Day Up and Out Backcountry (2 Lift Rides)**
**Guests must be on ski or snowboard to ride chairlift, no showshoes allowed.
At Sugar Bowl Resort we strive to deliver a safe and enjoyable resort experience, and we appreciate your attention and cooperation! For daily uphill status call (530) 426-6775.