A world-class ski & ride school.
Lift tickets, rentals and lessons are now available for purchase online through February 28, 2021. Availability for future dates will be released 1-2 weeks prior to the new period.
Advance, online purchases are required. No day-of, walk-up tickets, rentals or lessons will be available. There will be no opportunity to purchase a lift ticket at Sugar Bowl on the day of your visit.
Notify me when products become available for the next period.
Now Offering Group Lessons
Group ski and snowboard lessons at Sugar Bowl are now available for the 2020/21 winter season.
Our instructors are certified by the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and have the highest level of teaching expertise. They are highly skilled in turning an enthusiastic first-timer into a lifelong skier or snowboarder. Instructors can also take advanced riders to the next level while exploring some of the best spots on the mountain that only locals know about. Everyone in the lesson can access the chairlifts faster by using the express line bypassing the general line.
Top 5 Reasons to Join a Ski or Snowboard Lesson
- Professional Instruction: Our instructors are trained to teach skiing and snowboarding techniques.
- Learn and Progress More Quickly: We know the tips and tricks that will help you excel faster than learning from friends and family.
- Get More Chair Lift Rides: Lesson participants get Express Line access at lifts.
- Tap Local Knowledge: Beyond learning about skiing and snowboarding, your instructor can help you explore the mountain or perhaps suggest a favorite restaurant for apres.
- A Focus on Safety: From loading the chairlift to learning about the Skier Responsibility Code, our instructors teach you how to enjoy the mountain safely.
Sugar Bowl places the highest priority on ensuring your health and safety when visiting. Specific to your lesson experience:
- Group lessons are offered to guests ages 8 years and older. Children ages 7 & younger and guests under 55” tall must book a private lesson instead.
- Participants will be divided into lesson groups based on age and ability.
- With a maximum class size of 6 students per instructor, everyone will receive proper attention and coaching during the lesson.
- Lesson enrollment is limited such that the check-in area will not be overcrowded and everyone can remain physically distant at all times.
- Instructors will maintain at least six feet of distance away from each lesson participant at all times and shall not touch the participants.
- Staff and participants must wear a face covering throughout the lesson.
Questions or Reservation Assistance:
Call (530) 426-9000, option 3 to speak with a Ski School Reservations Specialist today.
Start Planning For Lessons Today
Parents must sign a release of liability for any minor under the age of 18 who is participating in any lesson program. Forms are completed during the checkout process, but additional forms must be signed in person on the date of your lesson..
- Sunscreen - We recommend parents apply sunscreen to their children because our staff is not allowed to.
At Sugar Bowl we offer a convenient, dedicated lesson center, in the Judah Base Area. Head to Judah Kids in the upper Judah Parking lot. EXCLUSIVE: Judah Kids offers convenient, up-front parking for those who book children lessons online in advance on a first-come-first-serve basis..
If getting rentals, plan to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your lesson time (1 1/2 hours on weekends/holidays). Please arrive to the meeting area at least 15 minutes prior to your lesson