A world-class ski & ride school
Group lessons for the 2021/22 season are now available to book online.
Initially, these products are available for visit dates through the end of January. In early January, we’ll release tickets for the remainder of January. We’ll proceed that way through the remainder of the season, with products for each month released about three weeks prior to the start of the month.
Each monthly release will kick-off with a 96 Hour Sale with an extra 10% discount available on lift tickets. Ticket prices will be dynamic and highly variable this season, with midweek non-holiday dates priced significantly lower than peak weekend/holiday dates. Buy as far in advance as possible to get the best deal!
Adult Group Lessons
Sugar Bowl offers group lessons for adults and teens (ages 13+) of all ability levels!
Our instructors are certified by the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and have the highest level of teaching expertise. They are highly skilled in turning an enthusiastic first-timer into a lifelong skier or snowboarder. Instructors can also take advanced riders to the next level while exploring some of the best spots on the mountain that only locals know about. Everyone in the lesson can access the chairlifts faster by using the express line bypassing the general line.
Lessons must be booked online at least two days prior to the lesson date in order to guarantee availability.
Top 5 Reasons to Join a Ski or Snowboard Lesson
- Professional Instruction: Our instructors are trained to teach skiing and snowboarding techniques.
- Learn and Progress More Quickly: We know the tips and tricks that will help you excel faster than learning from friends and family.
- Get More Chair Lift Rides: Lesson participants get Express Line access at lifts.
- Tap Local Knowledge: Beyond learning about skiing and snowboarding, your instructor can help you explore the mountain or perhaps suggest a favorite restaurant for apres.
- A Focus on Safety: From loading the chairlift to learning about the Skier Responsibility Code, our instructors teach you how to enjoy the mountain safely.
Sugar Bowl places the highest priority on ensuring your health and safety when visiting. Specific to your lesson experience:
- Group lessons are offered to guests ages 4 years and older.
- Participants will be divided into lesson groups based on age and ability.
- Face coverings are encouraged when indoors
Questions or Reservation Assistance:
Call (530) 426-9000, option 3 to speak with a Ski School Reservations Specialist today.
Start Planning For Lessons Today
Parents must sign a release of liability for any minor under the age of 18 who is participating in any lesson program. Forms are completed during the checkout process, but additional forms must be signed in person on the date of your lesson..
- Sunscreen - We recommend parents apply sunscreen to their children because our staff is not allowed to.
At Sugar Bowl we offer a convenient, dedicated lesson center, in the Judah Base Area. Head to Judah Kids in the upper Judah Parking lot. EXCLUSIVE: Judah Kids offers convenient, up-front parking for those who book children lessons online in advance on a first-come-first-serve basis..
If getting rentals, plan to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your lesson time (1 1/2 hours on weekends/holidays). Please arrive to the meeting area at least 15 minutes prior to your lesson