A world-class ski & ride school
Closed for the Season
Sugar Bowl is closed for the season. Please check back this fall for updated ticket, rental, lesson pricing & availability.
Adult Group Lessons
Adult group lessons are offered to guests of all ability & skill levels ages 13 and beyond. From first timers to advanced skiers & riders, we have the right group for you that will maximize your day on the slopes. All of our instructors are highly trained and dedicated to providing the best lesson experience possible.
Everyone in the lesson can access the chairlifts faster by using the express line, bypassing the general line and spending more time on the slopes!
Lessons will sell-out most weekends and holidays, so to ensure availability reservations are required & must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival. Most private lessons can be booked online or please call us for availability at (530) 426-9000.
Articles You That Might Interest You:
Questions or Reservation Assistance:
Call (530) 426-9000, option 3 to speak with a Ski School Reservations Specialist today.
Top 5 Reasons to Join a Ski or Snowboard Lesson
- Professional Instruction: Our instructors are trained to teach skiing and snowboarding techniques.
- Learn and Progress More Quickly: We know the tips and tricks that will help you excel faster than learning from friends and family.
- Get More Chair Lift Rides: Lesson participants get Express Line access at lifts.
- Tap Local Knowledge: Beyond learning about skiing and snowboarding, your instructor can help you explore the mountain or perhaps suggest a favorite restaurant for apres.
- A Focus on Safety: From loading the chairlift to learning about the Skier Responsibility Code, our instructors teach you how to enjoy the mountain safely.
Sugar Bowl places the highest priority on ensuring your health and safety when visiting. Specific to your lesson experience:
- Group lessons are offered to guests ages 4 years and older.
- Participants will be divided into lesson groups based on age and ability.
- Face coverings are encouraged when indoors
Start Planning For Lessons Today
Parents must sign a release of liability for any minor under the age of 18 who is participating in any lesson program. Forms are completed during the checkout process, but additional forms must be signed in person on the date of your lesson..
- Sunscreen - We recommend parents apply sunscreen to their children because our staff is not allowed to.
At Sugar Bowl we offer a convenient, dedicated lesson center, in the Judah Base Area. Head to Judah Kids in the upper Judah Parking lot. EXCLUSIVE: Judah Kids offers convenient, up-front parking for those who book children lessons online in advance on a first-come-first-serve basis..
If getting rentals, plan to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your lesson time (1 1/2 hours on weekends/holidays). Please arrive to the meeting area at least 15 minutes prior to your lesson