Quad Crusher Results
1. Chris Jones (2:10:32), 2. Patrick Johnson (2:11:19), 3. Patrick Parsel (2:15:00)
1. Jessica Lisagor (4:16:39) 2. Marie Eve Savard (5:23:05)
1. David Polivy (1:28:19) 2. Noah Reynolds (1:28:57) 3. John Hastings (1:42:09)
1. Julie Mc Vicar (1:27:22) 2. Amy Guinan (1:57:03) 3. Sondrea Larsen (1:58:27)
Team Co-Ed: 1. Synder/Waddell (4:57:07), Splitboard: 1. Cale Myers (2:21:26)
Time & Results
|Division||Course||Legs||# Climbs||# Boot Packs||Vertical||Distance|
|n/a||8||1||5,646 ft||11.6 mi.|
|Leg 1||3||0||1,978 ft||3.4 mi.|
|-||Leg 2||5||1||3,668 ft||8.2 mi.|
|n/a||2||0||1,854 ft||4.2 mi.|
|*Elite Requirements||All Elite participants must follow the USSMA rules during the race, which include items you are required to have in your pack/on your person. View Rules.|
USSMA Rules and Requirements
- Skis minimum length: women - 150cm, men - 160cm minimum 750g Ski/Binding for men and 700g for women
- Bindings Toe and heel piece must be same brand
- Boots Rubber sole must cover 100% of boot bottom - Minimum weight 500g for men and 450g for women
- Skins at least 1 pair, must cover at least 50% of the surface area of the ski and 50% of the length of the ski
- 3 upper body layers
- 1 layer must be a wind proof layer
- 1 layer must be short or long sleeved (no tank tops)
- 2 lower body layers
- Helmet - Must meet skiing EN 1077, climbing UIAA 106 or climbing EN 12492 standards.
- Beacon - Beacon that transmits on 457 kHz frequency. For 2017/2018 season beacon must have a 3-antenna transmission system.
- Shovel. No snow claws. Minimum length 50 cm.
- Probe No probe poles. Minimum 240cm.
- Boots and bindings MUST be locked on all downhill (red flagged) portions of the course.
- Poles MUST be on the flat on the ground (not attached to the hand, or held) in transition areas. Racers who hold their poles risk stabbing others in the transition area!
- Broken skis and poles may be swapped at any point on the course. However, if a racer breaks a pole or ski, they cannot leave the pole or ski on the course (e.g. if a pole is broken, the broken pole must be carried until it can be traded for a non-broken pole).
- Skis MUST be attached at two points to the backpack during booter sections (packs often have a tail loop through with the tails are placed, and a hook attached above the binding- this is two connection points).
- Skins MUST be fully tucked into the race suit/pack/jacket PRIOR to leaving the transition area (may still be partially visible). Racers who attempt to leave the transition area should be called back to the transition area to fully secure skins, or be penalized according to the penalty table.
- All transitions must be carried out within the marked transition area only.