Terms and Conditions for 2021/22 Passholders
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. When you, (“User” or “Season Pass Holder”), purchase any Sugar Bowl Ski Resort or Royal Gorge Cross Country season pass (“Season Pass”), these Terms and Conditions, as well any terms and conditions presented with your purchase, printed on your lift tickets or pass media, or otherwise presented to you, form a binding agreement between you and Sugar Bowl Corporation, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter collectively “Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge”, “we” or “us”).
Each Season Pass purchase is subject to the restrictions described in the Rules of Use found at: https://www.sugarbowl.com/seasonpass.
Variable Operating Venues, Days and Hours: Blackout dates, benefits and privileges, hours of operation, and days of operation are subject to change without notice. Sugar Bowl does not guarantee snow conditions, weather conditions, open terrain, number of lifts operating or road conditions/road closures. Some areas or venues at SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE may be closed due to inclement weather, special events or private events. From time to time, Season Pass holders may not be permitted to use certain areas or any part of Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge due to conditions both beyond, and within, Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge ’s control. Season Passes are valid during the season for which they are purchased. This pass also does not include use at the resort when it is closed to the general public. Due to weather, Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge is unable to guarantee an opening or closing date for the ski season.
Use of Season Pass/Lost Season Pass: When you purchase a Season Pass, Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge grants you a revocable license. Resale is prohibited. If a Season Pass is lost, stolen or forgotten, it can be replaced for a non-refundable $25 replacement fee. In order to gain access to ski or ride, your Season Pass must be displayed and validated at each lift as requested. Any attempt to gain admission using a Season Pass by a guest to whom the pass was not originally issued will result in immediate confiscation of the pass without refund.
Electronic Payment and Payment Plans: You hereby authorize Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge to charge the credit card (or any valid replacement card you supply in the future) for the total of your order, including any applicable service charges, fees and taxes. You also consent to enter into the purchase electronically and to receive electronically this Terms and Conditions and other communications and materials about the purchase (“Documents”). You may ask SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE for a free paper copy of the Documents by emailing Customer Service at the Ticket Office.
Customer Service Inquiries: For customer service please direct email correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Release of Liability: Users agree to read, review and abide by Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge’s Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement for Activities. Users agree to obey all posted rules and instructions of SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE and the Skier’s Responsibility Code.
Discounts: Pass holders are granted 15% off certain purchases in the resort. Retail discounts may not be applicable to some products. This discount is for the Season Passholder only and Season Passholder must be present and show their Season Pass at time of purchase.
Resort Credit: Resort Credit can be used beginning on the opening day of the 2020/21 season for food and beverages in resort cafes, retail items and for tuning services. Resort Credit cannot apply to sale items or the purchase of tickets, season passes, locker rentals, alcoholic beverages, or SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE gift cards.
Refund Policy: Passes are non-transferrable and the purchase price of Season Passes are non-refundable except as otherwise stated below.
(COVID-19) Daily Resort Access Assurance: If county, state or federal jurisdictions implement health-related guidelines that cause Sugar Bowl to unexpectedly and materially limit daily ski hill access (not a full closure) to Season Pass holders, and you decide this doesn’t work for you, we will honor a refund upon request. If such restrictions are implemented, you will have 30 days to request a refund from the day of notification of such restriction. Such refund shall be issued pursuant to the calculation below:
|Notice Received Before:||Potential Refund (see Step #2)|
|Last Day of Season||No Credit|
The Refund Value is calculated by multiplying the original pass purchase price by the Percentage determined by when Notice was received by Sugar Bowl, minus the value of any days used on the Pass prior to Notice (calculated at the window ticket price on days of use). Requests made after closing day of the season have no credit value.
Notice given on February 15th and the Passholder skied three times. The original purchase price was $699. $699 x 40% = $279.60, less: 3 days x $118 = $354, less: $25 admin fee. Value of rollover/credit is zero.
Upon request of such refund, your Season Pass will be voided for the remainder of the season. Any refund must be requested prior to the last day of the season.
Operational Rollover Credits
- 100-Day Guarantee Rollover Credit: If Sugar Bowl is not open for at least 100 days during the season for the reasons stated below, each day of operation under 100 days that we do not open will be applied as a 1% credit toward the purchase of a 2021/22 Season Pass. Such credit will be calculated based on usage, see “Limitation on Rollover Credit”. The 100-Day Guarantee applies to a) a state wide Shelter in Place Order which prevents you from visiting the resort 100 days during the season, b) a state/county mandate which prevents the resort from being open for at least 100 days during the season, or c) a lack of snowfall which prevents the resort from being open for at least 100 days during the season. Sugar Bowl is considered to be open if we have at least one detachable express lift operating for 3 or more hours
Limitation on 100-Day Guarantee Rollover Credit: The 100 Day Rollover Guarantee is limited as follows:
- If you used your Unrestricted Season pass 5 or more times during the season = $0.00 Rollover Credit
- If you used your Slightly Restricted pass 4 or times during the season = $0.00 Rollover Credit
- If you used your Midweek Season pass 3 or times during the season = $0.00 Rollover Credit
- Royal Gorge 100-Day Guarantee: The 100-Day Guarantee applies to Royal Gorge Season Passes. Royal Gorge is defined as open if at least 10km of groomed trail are available.
- The Limitation on Rollover Credit is: If you have used your Royal Gorge Cross County pass 5 or more times during the season = $0.00 Rollover
- Combo passes will be apportioned based upon use consistent with the above.
Roll Over Credit for Personal Reasons
- If a guest determines they will be unable to use their Season Pass in the season it was purchased due to the personal reasons stated below, a one-time Rollover Credit maybe granted, in SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE’s sole discretion, for the following reasons:
- Major medical condition/significant injury diagnosis or pregnancy.
- A Rollover Credit may be provided in the event of an injury or medical condition (including pregnancy) verified by a Physician which arose after you purchased your Season Pass which causes you to become unable to ski or ride for the remainder of the season. A doctor’s letter written on official letterhead with the date of onset, and a description of the reason why you cannot ski or board is required, as well as a written letter of request from you. A “Physician” is a licensed doctor practicing in the fields of medical, surgical or dental services who is acting within the scope of their license and who is not you, a traveling companion, a Family Member, a person related to you or a business partner. The term “Family Member” means your child, Domestic Partner, brother, sister, mother, father, step-child, step-brother, step-sister, step-parents, legal guardian, foster child, ward or legal ward. See Rollover Credit Calculation.
- Military Deployment: when called to active military service or reassigned more than 300 miles from the resort. An official, document or letter of deployment is required, along with a letter of request from you. See Rollover Credit Calculation.
- Notice of Condition: A request for Rollover Credit must be made within thirty (30) days of the onset of the condition or notice of military deployment. Under no circumstances will a Rollover Credit be authorized after the end of the season.
- Rollover Limitations: If a Rollover Credit is approved, the current year’s lift access and benefits are suspended and the pass will be deactivated for the remainder of the season. Rollover Credit may only be carried over to the following season and for the individual Season Passholder. No credit will be applied to any other person other than the Season Passholder, including immediate family members. Only one Rollover Credit per person, per lifetime is permitted regardless of the reason.
- Rollover Credit Calculation: The amount of the Rollover Credit will be pro-rated based upon the date of your written notice of injury or military deployment to Sugar Bowl and the days used on the pass, less a $25 administrative fee. The amount of credit will be pro-rated based on a) the date of notice to Sugar Bowl of the diagnosis of the medical condition or military deployment, and b) the number of days used on the Season Pass prior to the notice:
|Notice Received Before:||Estimated Value *|
|Last Day of Season||No Credit|
The Credit Value is calculated by multiplying the original pass purchase price by the Percentage determined by when Notice was received by Sugar Bowl, minus the value of any days used on the Pass prior to Notice (calculated at the window ticket price on days of use). Requests made after closing day of the season have no credit value.
Notice given on February 15th and the Passholder skied three times. The original purchase price was $699. 699 x 40% = $279.60, less the usage reduction of 3 days x $118 = $354, less the $25 Administrative fee. Value of rollover/credit is zero.
Guest Error: If a guest purchase error occurs during the sales transaction, SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE will issue a refund of the Season Pass purchase price, if contacted within 24 hours of the transaction, for a mistake in a guest’s name or selection of a wrong age category.
Mutual Exclusivity of Refunds and Rollover. All such refunds or Rollover Credits referenced herein shall be mutually exclusive and cannot be combined.
Revocation of Season Pass by Sugar Bowl: Season Pass privileges may be revoked by SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE at any time without notice or refund if you or someone for whom you have purchased a Season Pass engages in activity which SUGAR BOWL | ROYAL GORGE, in its sole discretion, deems to be improper, including without limitation: acting in a manner that may endanger the safety of any person, engaging in fraud or misconduct, vandalism, fighting or rowdy behavior, providing unauthorized ski lessons or related services for compensation, failing to abide by the Skier’s Responsibility Code or any other applicable ski/ride code, and skiing beyond a boundary closure.
Communication: By providing information Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge requests, you agree that Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge may contact you via mail, phone or email to let you know about your account, offers and events.
Enforcement: Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge may delay or waive enforcement of any of the provisions of this agreement, including your promise to make timely payment, without losing its right to enforce the same or any other provision later.
Validity: Should any term herein be deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Disputes. These Terms and the relationship between us will be governed by the laws of the State of California. All lawsuits arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or those contained in any Documents will be brought in the Federal or State courts located in California. We and you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for such purpose and waive any objection to such courts on any basis, including without limitation improper venue or inconvenience of the forum. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or your use of a Season Pass must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Severability. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to our intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
Release; Sole Remedy. You are hereby voluntarily and knowingly agreeing, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, to waive, release, and forfeit any and all claims and actions you have or may have Sugar Bowl, or any of its resorts, subsidiaries, affiliates, or partner resort operators, subsidiaries, or affiliates and any of our or their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives or agents (collectively, the “Sugar Bowl Parties”) and any associated losses, damages and expenses (including attorneys’ fees), that relate to, arise out of, or may arise out of the operation of our resorts, your inability to use your Season Pass, or a violation of these Terms and Conditions. Refunds under these Terms and Conditions are your sole remedy against Sugar Bowl Corporation in connection with the operation of our resort or your inability to use your pass during the applicable season.
If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says:
“A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SUGAR BOWL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AS A RESULT OF: (A) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE YOUR PASS OR (B) THE EPIC COVERAGE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, SUCH LIABILITY WILL NOT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR YOUR PASS.
Liability Exclusions and Limitations. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, limit our liabilities, the extent of liability of Sugar Bowl will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law. We disclaim any warranties to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
You acknowledge that you are at least 18 years old and acknowledge and agree that you have received, read, understand and agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement, and that all such terms were disclosed to you prior to purchasing.