Welcome to the start of the 2018/2019 season!
Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge season passes are ideal for skiers and riders who like more snow & less crowds plus want to spend as many days as possible on our iconic mountains or Nordic trails. As a bonus, if you are a new Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge pass holder, you can ski, ride and glide for the remainder of this season FREE! We are open 7-days per week into April, then after that, who knows how much longer we may go!
New for returning passholders: your current season pass photo card is renewable! HANG ON TO YOUR CURRENT PASS FOR 2018/19! The only reasons you are required to get a new photo card next season are:
- You elect to change from the current pass type you hold (i.e. you are upgrading from Slightly Restricted to Unrestricted, etc.), or
- You are entering a new age category (i.e. you are moving from Young Adult to Adult, Adult to Senior, etc.).
The information here will help you decide which pass is right for you and your family. Please review this information carefully – we have made a few significant changes to the pass program for next season you need to be aware of before you make a purchase.
Please cycle through the tabs at the left to familiarize yourself with the changes. Once you have completed your review, click on the “I understand the changes” box to view prices and purchase passes.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge often in 2018/19!
Buy now for the best price of the year and more Friends & Family Tickets.
The earlier you purchase a pass this year not only will you save more money, but you will be rewarded with more 50% Off Friends & Family tickets than if you wait. Every pass purchased by May 31, 2018 comes loaded with 6 Friends & Family tickets!**
This is in addition to being able to use your 2018/19 season pass for the rest of the 2017/18 season this spring (Mon-Fri only with a Midweek pass). With "Miracle March" officially in action, you will want to be on the slopes as much as possible this spring. Also, all passholders who purchase before May 31st will get the benefits of the new 100-Day Guarantee (see 100-Day Guarantee Tab for more details).
Friends & Family tickets are not offered with Child (age 6-12) or 5 & under passes.
**Days valid based on your pass type
Buy With Confidence: Introducing the New 100-Day Guarantee
Purchase a 2018/19 Sugar Bowl season pass by May 31, 2018 and qualify for the new 100-Day Guarantee. Buy with confidence knowing Sugar Bowl will offer lift-served skiing and riding for a minimum of 100 days next season. However, if we fall short of 100 days, each day under 100 we operate will be applied as a 1% credit toward the purchase of a 2019/20 season pass (purchase must be made by May 31, 2019 and pass holders who use their pass 5 or more days are not eligible).
So, if Sugar Bowl only operates 85 days in 2018/19, a 15% discount will be applied to the pass holder’s purchase of a 2019/20 season pass, so long as they purchase by May 31, 2019 and they did not visit 5 or more days in 2018/19.
Share Sugar Bowl with others.
Depending on the pass type you choose and when you make your pass purchase, passholders will receive a set number of 50% off tickets for friends & family.
||Friends & Family 50% Off Ticket Benefit By Pass Type
|Season Pass Purchased Between
|3/19/18 - 5/31/18
|6/1/18 - 10/31/18
|11/1/18 - 12/21/18
|12/22/18 - 2/28/19
|The benefits outlined above are not available for Kids 6-12 passes or Child 5 and under passes.
- Friends & Family tickets become valid on opening day of the 2018/2019 season.
- The quantity of tickets will change based on the period when purchased. Buy early - get more!
- 50% off applies to full-day lift tickets only.
- Ticket rate determined by 50% off the prevailing window rate at the time of purchase.
- Passholder must present their pass in-person to any ticket window to redeem Friends & Family tickets.
Save big on retail, ski school and more.
Every month enjoy a new set of offers and discounts across the Resort. Passholders receive exclusive access to Ski & Board School products, ski shop sales before they are available to the general public, and discounts on everything from rooms at the Hotel at Sugar Bowl to deals on new menu items at our food outlets.
Season pass restrictions for Slightly & Midweek passholders.
Season pass restrictions for Slightly Restricted & Midweek passholders. Slightly Restricted and Midweek passes are not valid 12/26/2018-1/1/2019, 1/19-20/2019 and 2/16-17/2019.
On days your pass is restricted you may present your pass at any ticket window to purchase a full-day Blackout ticket at 20% off the prevailing window price (passes scan as invalid at the lifts on restricted days and you will be required to purchase a lift ticket if you attempt to use your pass during a period it is not valid). This benefit is available for the exclusive use of the passholder only, and may not be transferred.
What to expect in 2018/2019 at Sugar Bowl.
Sugar Bowl, at its sole discretion, will determine the length of the winter season and the operating schedule. Sugar Bowl starts and ends each season based out of the Village portal. Services/facilities ramp-up in the fall/early winter and ramp-down in the late winter/spring as snow conditions and business levels expand and contract. Monday-Friday during the regular season the Village portal is the main resort hub, providing all resort services, with limited lodge, lift and resort services available at the Judah Lodge portal. Saturday-Sunday during the regular season and daily during holiday periods, all services/facilities are available at both the Village and Judah Lodge portals.
Fine Print in a Font Size You Can Read
- Season Pass benefits do not become valid until opening day next season.
- Friends & Family tickets may be purchased only on days when the pass is valid. The Friends & Family ticket benefit does not apply to Children's passes age 12 and under. Pass holder must be present and show their pass in person to a ticket agent in order to redeem Friends & Family tickets.
- Present your Slightly Restricted or Midweek pass at any ticket window on Blackout Days to purchase a full day lift ticket at 20% Off the window rate. This ticket is for the passholder’s use only and is not transferrable.
- Age ranges for season pass categories are as follows: Adult (23-64), Young Adult (13-22), Child (6-12), Senior (65-74), Super Senior (75 and up), and Child (5 and under). The appropriate pass category is determined by the pass holder’s age on January 1, 2019.
- Passes must be visible and available for inspection and scanning on every lift ride. Sugar Bowl provides complimentary zip reels to attach passes to the outside of ski jackets and pants to make the inspection and scanning process as convenient as possible for guests and staff.
- Passholders will immediately report lost or stolen passes to a Ticket/Pass sales location, email@example.com or by calling (530) 426-9000. Lift access and Resort Charge (if applicable) will be deactivated as soon as we are notified.
- Passes are the property of Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge and must be presented or surrendered upon request by resort personnel.
- Season pass and lift ticket products are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Pass, Card and Pack products issued with photos are to be used by the official holder of the product only. Pass fraud, the unlawful use of a pass, card or pack product by someone other than the official holder, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, including both the fraudulent user and the consenting, official product holder.
- Only one (1) “I forgot” ticket will be issued per passholder. This ticket is for the use of the passholder only. If a pass is forgotten a second time, the passholder will be required to pay a $45 pass replacement fee where the original pass will be deactivated and a new pass issued. On the third or subsequent occurrence the passholder will be required to purchase a window-rate lift ticket to access the lifts.
- Credit toward the purchase of next year’s pass may be issued when injury restricts skiing for the remainder of the season. In such cases a credit will be issued only after the Pass is turned in with an original medical note signed by a physician, stating the expected length of recovery. The amount of credit will be pro-rated based upon the date of notice of injury and/or days used on the pass, less an administrative fee. All lift access and benefits are suspended once the pass credit is executed.
All prices and dates are subject to change. All season passes, lift tickets and vouchers will expire after the winter season closing date for which they were issued or the product’s stated expiration date.