Get a job with some incredible perks.
Marketing: Marketing & Communications Manager
Sugar Bowl is looking for a qualified Marketing & Communications Manager who will play a critical role executing our strategic marketing plan in support of our defined vision, values, and brand. This position will serve as the key day-to-day communications and group events manager for the resort.
- Oversee our social media, website and newsletter management programs
- Copy-writing for email, PR, web, and writing copy for resort newsletter e-blasts and email updates
- Assist with sales & marketing duties including strategic planning and direction, budgets, media buying
- Manage marketing coordinators & other marketing staff
- Representing Sugar Bowl – Royal Gorge at event and public functions
- Establish relationships with local media outlets: prepare and send press releases, content. Represent Sugar Bowl on-air, radio and over the phone
- Prepare monthly tracking and reporting on all account revenues
- Manage Sugar Bowl’s website e-commerce sales, including tickets, lodging, group lessons and rentals
- Communicate information internally throughout the resort
- Respond to customer service issues and communications.
- Benchmark against competitors, provide pricing, product and packaging recommendations
- Improve Net Promoter scores by managing Net Promoter system
- Frequent on-mountain photo/video shoots, both behind and in front of lens
- Pre-season travel and tabling at ski shows
- Being the point-person for in-resort events (planning and execution)
CRITICAL SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, Marketing or Hospitality
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a communications role, preferably in the ski industry Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and similar programs
- Be hearty and resilient (we are located high atop Donner Summit, near Truckee, California and the ideal candidate must thrive in our extreme, high-alpine environment)
- You must love SNOW!
This is a salaried, full-time/year-round position that comes with GREAT perks:
- Free skiing during the season for you and your qualified dependents
- Discounted ski tickets for friends and family
- Food/beverage and retail discounts
- Discounted tickets at other Summit resorts
Pay Dependent on Experience. Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.