Get a job with some incredible perks.
Marketing: Marketing & Sales Manager
Sugar Bowl is seeking a seasoned Marketing Manager for a prominent with Sugar Bowl – Royal Gorge.
This position will play a critical role executing the strategic marketing plan in conformance with our vision, values, and brand. The scope of this position is comprehensive from brand and strategic planning to activating plans that drive skier visits and repeat business. Our new Marketing Manager will be responsible for a full range of marketing responsibilities including: media buying & ad placement, email marketing, trial and loyalty marketing, ticket products and pricing, public relations, agency management, digital engagement, ecommerce, events, sponsorships and will have a significant voice to the creation and delivery of an outstanding customer experience. This key management position will in many ways be the face of Sugar Bowl and must be a solid fit espousing our Ethos.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the Executive Director with sales & marketing duties including strategic planning and direction, budgets, media buying:
- Website updates and content management oversite
- Develop email newsletter content creation and database management
- Copywriting for email, PR, web and more
- Poster/flyer design work and content creation
- Social Media oversight on all social platforms
- Management of Sugar Bowl website ecommerce including tickets, lodging,
group lessons and rentals.
- Daily management of customer service issues and communication.
- Manage sales and marketing coordinators
- Monthly tracking and reporting on all account revenues
- Representing Sugar Bowl – Royal Gorge at functions where public speaking is required
- Establish relationships with local media outlets. Prepare and send press releases, content. Represent Sugar Bowl on-air, radio and over the phone
- Benchmark against competitors, provide pricing, product and packaging
- Improve Net Promoter scores by managing net promoter system
- Writing copy for newsletter e-blasts and website updates
- Editing photos and videos
- Overseeing department coordinators and ensuring they are on task and meeting deadlines
- Be the point-person for in-resort events (planning and execution)
- Must be hardy and resilient! We are located high atop Donner Summit, in a snowbound village, and our heavy snow, high altitude conditions require someone who thrives on the challenge of living and working in our extreme mountain environment.
- Have a strong understanding of ski resort operations
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent communications skills
- At least five years of experience in a marketing leadership role in a ski resort environment.
If you are a qualified candidate with the experience we seek, and you want to join a great team on a terrific mountain (and ski and snowboard for free!) apply here. We are located on the summit of Donner Pass, near Truckee, California.
Competitive Compensation Package Offered. Pay Dependent on Experience. Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.