Start a new career with some incredible perks.
Contact the Hiring Manager: Maggie Eshbaugh
REPORTS TO: Marketing & Communications Manager
- Are you a skilled photographer & videographer with a passion for skiing and riding? We may have your dream job available at Sugar Bowl! We are looking for a full-time in-house Marketing Videographer/Photographer to shoot & edit photos/video at the resort.
- The Marketing Videographer/Photographer will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. They will transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging, set preparation and dressing. The videographer will work closely with the marketing team (Marketing Director, Manager, and Specialist) to execute the concept through to completion.?The Videographer/Photographer will be expected to produce a wide range of projects, including but not limited to highly-edited longform videos, shortform Instagram reels, to action, scenic, and portrait photography.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Promotes and exemplifies the Sugar Bowl culture of exceptional guest service, team work, and innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Enjoys pitching in whenever and wherever assistance is needed at the resort and/or on the marketing team
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent media workflow organization
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple projects at once, with little supervision
- Works well independently and with others
- Ability to work weekends and early morning hours
- Ability to ski/snowboard at an intermediate+ level
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Mac and Adobe Suite
- Deep level of understanding with Adobe Premiere, Lightroom and Photoshop
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Videography or Photography preferred
- Previous resort and/or marketing office experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be in good physical condition
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Organize all media, marketing content easily accessible to the marketing team.
- Determines what camera equipment is necessary and obtains equipment
- Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production
- Operates and maintains proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Collects b-roll footage of campus as well as interviews
- Supports the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to executive team and other constituents
- Helps to sustain and guide creative process
- Assists in developing interview questions and storyboards
- Poster/flyer design work and content creation is a plus
- Social Media posts and updates on all Sugar Bowl and Royal Gorge social platforms
- Communicating information internally throughout the department and the resort
- Coordinate photo/video shoots including assisting with model outreach/selection and coordinating with mountain operations for on-mountain needs
- Establish relationships with Sugar Bowl athletes and photographers for gathering imagery and coordinating shoots
- Handling guest issues in a courteous and helpful manner
- Maintaining a great working relationship with other departments
- 1-2 early morning snow report shifts per week
- Frequent on-mountain photo/video shoots, behind and in front of the lens
- May include pre-season travel and tabling at ski shows
- 5 day/week schedule including weekend days plus additional holidays including MLK, President’s Day, and Christmas week of December.
- Full-time, seasonal position, $27/hour
- Start Date October 30. End date Mid April, winter operations permitting.
- Free Sugar Bowl/Royal Gorge season pass
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Pay Dependent on Experience. Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.