Start a new career with some incredible perks.
Marketing: In-House Graphic Designer
Contact the Hiring Manager: Jon Slaughter
POSITION: In-House Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Marketing & Sales
Sugar Bowl Resort is looking for a creative, passionate, and professional Graphic Designer to join the Sales & Marketing Team. With limited oversight, the Graphic Designer will lead and participate in the design development for large and small projects that aim to execute Sugar Bowl’s brand vision. As such, the Graphic Designer plays a key and critical role on the Sales & Marketing Team and must work well in a collaborative environment, demonstrating a strong commitment to creating meaningful experiences for a variety of diverse audiences through visual media. The Graphic Designer is under general guidance of the Executive Director of Sales & Marketing and regularly exercise’s discretion and independent judgment as part of their everyday work. The Graphic Designer may perform other duties as required. This role is for an in-house graphic designer and not eligible for remote work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years directly leading creative graphic design projects
- Highly proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Experience with MS Product Suite
- Highly creative and understands the importance and value of a strong brand story
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team and collaborating efficiently across multiple stakeholders
- Strategy first, design second approach to their work
- Comfortable with working independently or under creative direction on a team
- Has a knack for articulating complex ideas through simple, classic, clean, and engaging visuals
- Has an internal love of innovation and continuous learner mindset
- Obsessed with attention to detail
- Thrives in juggling multiple projects in a fast- pasted and self- driven environment
- A portfolio that demonstrates your approach to problem-solving and design processes
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic Design, Visual Art or Marketing degree is preferred
- Expertise using Figma for design and prototyping
- Experience with Artcut Pro or other plot-based vinyl cutting programs
- Experience working in the ski industry
- Loves winter sports!
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Understanding, maintain and develop the brand style guide in collaboration with the Sales & Marketing Team and with third-party designers.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to develop compelling, professional visual design that informs and educates guests, villagers, and employees about Sugar Bowl activities and events.
- Lead the renovation of the in-resort signage program, which includes, audit/inventory and maintenance resort signage, identifying needs where needed, and working with internal/external resources for install & repair.
- Conceptualize and share graphic design concepts for new and existing media.
- Design, develop, and maintain a wide range of collateral for internal and external audiences, including digital graphics (social media graphics, email campaigns, surveys, and presentations); support interactive media production (assets for gifs, video); and branding (logos, style guides); and traditional print graphics (exhibits, flyers, direct mailers; large-scale design reports; and technical and illustrative maps).
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to develop and manage the design concepts of retail logo wear program.
- Present design solutions, coordinate stakeholder feedback, and balance workload across multiple deadlines to develop creative, high-quality deliverables.
- Manages workflow and processes to create efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Advise on best practices in accessibility, equity, and inclusivity, integrating them throughout all phases of design and production.
- Mentor and coach emerging colleagues.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 5 day/week schedule including weekend days plus additional holidays including MLK, President’s Day, and Christmas week of December.
- Full-time, year-round position, starting at $69,000 annual
- Free Sugar Bowl/Royal Gorge season pass
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Pay Dependent on Experience. Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.