Our Expectations of You
- Stay home if feeling sick or if you might have been exposed to others with COVID-19.
- Face Covering Encouraged Indoors: The state of California no longer requires wearing a face covering indoors, however it is still encouraged.
- Give each other: Maintain six feet of separation between parties, both indoors and outdoors.
We are committed to not overcrowding the resort to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for our guests. This is done through limiting season pass and lift ticket sales daily. Many COVID safety protocols remain in place such as cleaning & sanitation standards, reduction of building capacities and more. However, we hope that the resort looks and feels more more like the operation you have come have an affinity for over the past 80+ seasons.
The Outdoor Experience
- While we are expecting some COVID-related challenges, we do not foresee any government restrictions that would affect the core skiing and snowboarding experience outdoors this winter. Face coverings will not be required outdoors, including in lift lines or while riding chairlifts.
- Chairlifts and Gondola cabins will be loaded to capacity. If you are uncomfortable riding the chairlift with guests outside your party, please inform a lift attendant so they may accommodate you.
- Indoors, we plan to offer more access than was available last season, including the reopening of our Lodges, Belt Room Bar, Hotel and other outlets throughout the resort.
- Guests will be able to utilize the Lodge for warming, restrooms, dining and more. No time limits will be enforced for staying indoors.
- Guests may not store bags, gear or other personal items in the Lodges. Also, personal items, such as bags do not save tables for guests.
Daily Operating Info
We have all recently experienced the effects of the labor shortage in our daily lives. The impact has been quite severe in the North Lake Tahoe area, where lingering COVID fears, scarce childcare options and a lack of workforce housing have reduced the available employee base. COVID dramatically altered the housing landscape in our area, with many families escaping the city to enjoy a mountain lifestyle while occupying second homes and traditional seasonal rentals. We have more than 150 beds available for staff housing – a beneficial asset – but with a seasonal staff of over 500, we rely heavily on full and part time employees finding housing nearby.
Even with fewer applicants, we intend to preserve skiing and riding opportunities seven days a week, from opening day to closing day. Ensuring that we have the necessary staff to safely manage the on-snow experience is paramount. If we are short on staff, our ancillary services will be affected first.
- Lifts will operate daily, conditions permitting, except Crow's and Summit. Crow's will operate on weekends and holidays when conditions permit. Summit will be closed for the holiday period.
- All services will be available daily at the Judah base area. In the Village, the Nob Hill Cafe and the ticket/pass resolution desk will be open daily, but Village Ski & Sport will only be daily. Lesson and rental services are offered exclusively at the Judah base area.
- The Hotel at Sugar Bowl is accepting reservations for this season.
- The Village Gondola will operate 7:00am - 11:00pm during the holiday periods and 7:00am - 7:00pm otherwise.
- Face coverings are encouraged indoors, but not required for guests, regardless of vaccination.
- Face coverings will not be needed or monitored outdoors including in lift lines.
- Cafés will be open for fresh, healthy Grab 'N Go meals plus the traditional Cafe menus.
- Guests may choose to eat indoors or outdoors but are asked to limit table usage to 30-minutes.
- The Belt Room Bar and Sierra Vista Bar will all be open this season with beer, wine and cocktails available for purchase for those over 21 years of age.
Lift Tickets & Season Passes
- Lift tickets are only available for purchase online and must be purchased at least one day prior to your arrival. There will be a very limited quantity of lift tickets available for purchase on any given day, so we recommend you purchase early. There will be no opportunity to purchase a lift ticket at Sugar Bowl on the day of your visit.
- Sugar Bowl will have lift tickets available for the general public every day of the season, however they may sell-out quickly so purchase early.
- Lift tickets for the season will be sold in "chunks" offering one month at a time. Ticket sales for the following month will generally start 3 weeks prior.
- If no lift tickets are available to a particular day, please check back. We will be adjusting inventory levels often based on the demand for the above-described priority lift tickets.
- At this time, we are not planning to require Sugar Bowl season passholder to make reservations for the days they want to ski/ride. We do reserve the right to institute a reservation system if necessary but have taken many active measures to avoid it, including limiting pass sales.
- Friends & Family tickets must be purchased online at least one day prior to your arrival. A limited number of Friends & Family lift tickets will be available each day. These tickets will sell-out each day and may be challenging to secure for any given day.
Lessons, Rentals & Retail
- Group and Private Lessons are available for booking online in advance.
- Lessons must be booked online, at least 2 days prior to the lesson date. If within 2 days, please call to inquire about availability at (530) 426-9000, option 3.
- All lesson participants (Adult & Child) will check-in at the Judah Kids tent for rental equipment & lift ticket pick-up plus lesson assignment
- Priority, easy access parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis for all guests with a lesson reservation.
- Rentals area available on weekends only with advanced reservations.
- Rentals must be booked online, at least 2 days prior to the arrival date. If within 2 days, please call to inquire about availability at (530) 426-9000, option 3.
- The Villageretail shop will be open from 8:00am - 5:00pm with a great selection of gear to fit your needs.