Our Expectations of You
- Stay home if feeling sick or if you might have been exposed to others with COVID-19.
- Wear a face covering, which is required at Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge - indoors (all the time) and outdoors (except when actively skiing, riding or eating outdoors) - for all guests and staff.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet between unrelated parties.
- Live Together, Ride Together. Household members can ride lifts together. Non-household members may only ride together if at least one seat is left vacant between them. We will not ask guests to share a lift ride with someone they are not comfortable riding alongside.
- Significant investments have been made around the resort to protect guests & employees including:
- RIFD gates at lifts to reduce guest & employee interaction when scanning tickets
- Self-Service pick-up stations for daily lift ticket redemption
- Personal protective barriers at all sales transaction stations
- Sanitizing stations distributed conveniently located throughout the resort
- COVID-specific signage throughout the resort
- Additional outdoor restroom facilities
- A new Care Team department responsible for working with guests to communicate and enforce our expectations for face coverings, physical distancing and other COVID-specific policies along with sanitation of common areas.
The BIG FOUR
- Details about our COVID policies are outlined below but here are four critical items you need to know before you arrive:
- No Walk-Up Day-of Purchases. Advanced reservations are required. All lift tickets, lessons and rentals must be purchased online, prior to your arrival.
- Face Coverings are Required, indoors and outdoors. The only exception to this is when skiing/snowboarding downhill or eating/drinking outdoors.
- No Congregation Permitted. Grouping with guests outside of your related party will not be permitted.
- Indoor Access is Limited. Arrive prepared to enjoy an outdoor experience.
Daily Operating Info
- Lifts will operate daily, conditions permitting, except Crow's and Summit. Crow's will operate only when conditions permit and Summit will operate on weekends and holidays when conditions permit.
- All services will be available daily at the Judah base area. In the Village, the Nob Hill Cafe and the ticket/pass resolution desk will be open daily, but Village Ski & Sport will only be open Fridays-Mondays plus holidays. Lesson and rental services are offered exclusively at the Judah base area. Should the COVID situation improve and we can safely increase our capacity, we will be open additional services in the Village as needed
- The Hotel at Sugar Bowl is closed for the 2020/21 winter season.
- The Village Gondola will operate 24 hours from 7:00 a.m. Fridays to 7:00 p.m. Sundays (plus holiday periods). Otherwise, the Gondola will operate on a 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. schedule.
- Face coverings will be required in all indoor spaces.
- Face coverings will be required outdoors throughout the resort, except when actively skiing/riding or when eating/drinking in a designated outdoor dining area.
- Face coverings may be removed when participating in downhill skiing/snowboarding but you must resume wearing your mask when entering the base area and you should remain on while riding the lift.
- Face coverings should be two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric, which completely cover your nose and mouth at all times. A single-layer "buff" does not meet CDC guidelines.
Riding The Lifts
- Live Together, Ride Together: You are encouraged to ride the chairlifts with those in your related party.
- Chairs will be loaded with up to 4 people in a related party. Otherwise chairs will be loaded with two guests per chair, each on the outside edge.
- Lift operators will not force you to ride a chairlift with another party. If you are not comfortable loading the chairlift with another guest, please inform our staff and we will provide accommodations.
- Per our Kids on Lifts Policy, all children under 55” will be required to ride with a related-party adult.
- We will not ask guests to ride the Gondola with anyone outside of their related party. We'll modify Gondola cabin loading in order to allow for cleaning and disinfecting after each unload.
- Indoor access will be limited this season, so please arrive prepared to enjoy an outdoor experience.
- Cafés will be open for guests to come inside and purchase hot or cold Grab 'N Go meals. Once purchased guests may enjoy their meal outdoors, in a designated dining area. If the weather is not suitable to outdoor dining, we recommend utilizing your vehicle as an alternative.
- Indoor Warming Zones will be available at Judah Lodge, Mid Mountain Lodge and Village Lodge. Guests may check-in with a Care Team member to enter for a 15-minute warming session. If space is unavailable, we recommend utilizing your vehicle as an alternative.
- Restrooms will be available indoors, however our Care Team will be closely monitoring capacity. Additional outdoor restrooms facilities are available this season for your convenience.
- Cafés will be open for fresh, healthy Grab 'N Go meals. The hot and cold options include salads, wraps, soups and more with vegetarian and gluten free choices available.
- Once purchased guests may enjoy their meal outdoors, in a designated dining area. If the weather is not suitable to outdoor dining, we recommend utilizing your vehicle as an alternative.
- Dining options include Nob Hill Café, Mid-Mountain Café, Judah Café plus the Sunset Grill and all outdoor barbecues will be open on weekends and holidays.
- At this time all bars will be closed including the Belt Room. Canned beverages including a wide selection of beer and wine will be available to purchase for those over 21 years of age.
- At this time the Dining Room in the Sugar Bowl Lodge will be closed for food service and instead used as a Warming Zone for the Village base area.
- Guests staying in the Hotel at Sugar Bowl may place orders with the front desk from a special menu designed by our Executive Chef and prepared as a take-to-the-room meal.
Lift Tickets & Season Passes
- Lift tickets are only available for purchase online and must be purchased at least one day prior to your arrival. There will be a very limited quantity of lift tickets available for purchase on any given day, so we recommend you purchase early. There will be no opportunity to purchase a lift ticket at Sugar Bowl on the day of your visit.
- Sugar Bowl will have lift tickets available for the general public every day of the season, however they may sell-out quickly so purchase early.
- There will be separate "buckets" of lift tickets allotted to priority ticket types, such as Passholder Friends & Family tickets, 3 Packholder from 2019/20 who want to redeem their unused days (available only through 12/18/20), and lift tickets for lesson participants. Each of these buckets will contain a limited quantity of lift tickets and when all the tickets allotted to a bucket are claimed, no additional tickets of that type will be available for the given day.
- If no lift tickets are available to a particular day, please check back. We will be adjusting inventory levels often based on the demand for the above-described priority lift tickets.
- At this time, we are not planning to require 20/21 Sugar Bowl season passholder to make reservations for the days they want to ski/ride. We do reserve the right to institute a reservation system if necessary but have taken many active measures to avoid it, including suspending pass sales on September 8th.
- Friends & Family tickets must be purchased online at least three days prior to arrival. A limited number of Friends & Family lift tickets will be available each day. These tickets will sell-out each day and will be challenging to secure for any given day.
Lessons, Rentals & Retail
- Group and Private Lessons are available for booking online in advance with a max of 6 participants.
- Lessons must be booked online, at least 3 days prior to the lesson date. If within 3 days, please call to inquire about availability at (530) 426-9000, option 3.
- All lesson participants (Adult & Child) will check-in at the Judah Kids tent for rental equipment & lift ticket pick-up plus lesson assignment
- Priority, easy access parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis for all guests with a lesson reservation.
- For children under 55" tall, all lessons will have a 1:1 ratio, meaning the lesson will be restricted to the child and instructor only. A parent is no longer required to "shadow" the lesson. All children under 55" tall will be required to wear a KinderVest (green vest with handle) while participating in the lesson.
- All ski and snowboard rentals must be purchased online at least 3 days prior to your ski/ride day.
- During the booking process you will select a rental fitting appointment time. It is important for guests to arrive on-time for their assigned time slot
- Basket check will be available for guests renting at the Judah Rental Shop for shoe/boot storage only. Items that you need access to throughout the day must be stored in your vehicle.
- The retail shops will be open, however there will be a limited numbers of guests permitted into the store at one time.
- Please limit handling of merchandise.
- Some items, such as goggles will be available but you will not be permitted to try them on.
- The Hotel at Sugar Bowl will be closed for the 2020/21 season
- We look forward to reopening the Hotel for the 2021/22 season