Sugar Bowl Ski Team Foundation
A community that develops the mind, body and spirit of the world’s snow sport athletes.
Founded in 1998, the Sugar Bowl Ski Team Foundation is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that encompasses both the Sugar Bowl Ski Team and Sugar Bowl Academy. While the Sugar Bowl Ski Team Foundation works closely with Sugar Bowl Resort to produce the very best programs, they are two separate institutions. Like most non-profits, the Sugar Bowl Ski Team Foundation relies on community support to cover the shortfall between tuition revenue and operating expenses.
The highly successful Sugar Bowl Ski Team provides freeride, winter awareness and ski racing programs for ages 4 years old and up. The program provides the highest quality coaches and training facilities. The main objective is to provide a fun environment for kids to learn to love the sport of skiing.
- SBSTF Highlights
- Currently building the only ski in/out Academy in the nation.
- Alumni include four former or current U.S. Ski Team members
- Every year the SBST consistently qualifies over 40 athletes to compete in various Junior Championship events around the county – as many or more than any other program in the nation
- The only ski academy that holds membership in the California Association of Independent Schools.
- Graduates who matriculate to the top colleges and universities in the country (including Dartmouth, Middlebury, Bates, University of Chicago, UCLA)
- Consistently have junior competitors with top world or national rankings