SUGAR BOWL CORPORATION RESIDENCE REGULATIONS
- Residents and guests must be at least 18 years of age.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages is only permitted in a resident’s room if such resident is over 21 years of age. Any person under 21 years of age found drinking an alcoholic beverage in a residence will be evicted.
- According to California law and Nevada and Placer County health ordinances, smoking of any sort is not permitted in a resident’s room or in common areas including hallways, restrooms, TV rooms, or laundry room. Violation will lead to eviction.
- Possession of controlled substances is prohibited. Residents caught with any illegal substances will be subject to eviction.
- Possession of firearms of any kind is prohibited. Residents caught with firearms will be subject to immediate eviction.
- All residents will show respect for their fellow roommates, their privacy, and their belongings.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
- Sugar Bowl does not offer couple or family housing.
- When at the residence, residents MUST accompany their guests at all times. Guests are not allowed after 10:00 PM for any reason, unless by prior written approval from the Housing Department.
- Residents who have cars are responsible for shoveling and moving their cars when it snows so snow removal can occur. Cars must be parked in designated areas. Failure to do so may result in a resident’s car being towed and/or loss of parking privilege. Residents with vehicles must read and sign the Parking Agreement.
- All residents’ rooms must be kept clean and orderly.
- Residents’ rooms may be inspected by Sugar Bowl management under the following circumstances:
(a) in case of emergency;
(b) to make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations or improvements, or supply necessary or agreed services;
(c) to exhibit the premises to prospective or actual purchasers, mortgagees, tenants, workers or contractors;
(d) if the resident abandons or surrenders the premises; or
(e) pursuant to court order.
Sugar Bowl will give the resident at least twenty-four (24) hours notice of its intent to enter unless an emergency exists, the resident has abandoned or surrendered the premises, or it is impracticable to do so. Further, Sugar Bowl will enter during only normal business hours unless an emergency exists, the resident has abandoned or surrendered the premises, or the resident consents to an entry that is not during normal business hours.
- All residents will participate in the cleaning of community areas. Residents are expected to clean up after themselves. Room trash must be taken out to a dumpster and not placed in common area receptacles.
- Shoes must be worn at all times in community areas.
- All Donner Summit Lodge residents with deck side access must keep area free of trash, and all their food and drinks must be placed in a proper storage container. Village Dorm residents must use the dorm window boxes for outside storage. The boxes must be kept clean at all times.
- Do not move furniture or make any alterations to your room.
- Use of any appliances (washer/dryer, microwave) or bathrooms serving the residence is reserved for residents only.
- Due to insufficient electricity and risk of fire, plug-in appliances beyond what is supplied by Sugar Bowl are not permitted in rooms (i.e., microwaves, burners, heaters).
- Candles or other open flames are not permitted.
- Sugar Bowl is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property. Residents should keep their door locked at all times.
- No pets of any kind are allowed.
- Initial room assignments are made by Sugar Bowl. Sugar Bowl recognizes that in some cases, a change of rooms or roommates may be desired by residents. Room and roommate change requests must be sent to Sugar Bowl’s Housing Manager. Requests will be granted at the discretion of Sugar Bowl. Unauthorized room or roommate changes are prohibited and may result in any or all of the following: a notice requiring the resident to move back to his or her original room, disciplinary action, up to and including termination of the Residence Agreement as determined at the sole discretion of Sugar Bowl.
- Utilities services included in rent are: electricity, gas and cable.
- Replacement keys are $10.00. A re-keying fee of $50.00 will be charged for replacement of any lost keys.
- You will be evicted for cause, pursuant to your Residence Agreement, if any of these regulations are violated.
- These regulations are in addition to the policies and practices set forth in the Employee Handbook. Both the regulations in the handbook and on this agreement must be followed.